Senior Clojure/Clojurescript Developer
Who we are
LifeCheq is a service that helps you organise your finances to line up with your life goals. This starts with a clear plan that includes what investments you should make, what you can afford to spend on assets (such as property) and important expenses (such as education), and what insurance it makes sense for you to have at this stage of life.
Then, we help you put that plan into action. We'll fill in forms, chase up product providers, check that you aren't being given a bum deal on your insurance and keep track of what you should be doing. We'll also make sure that, as things change, we update our recommendations so you don't need to worry and can get on with living your life.
The systems we're building
Our service is only made possible by applying the latest technology to the problem of how people plan and manage their financial lives.
We pick and integrate the best existing services for parts of the business which are done well by others and building up and deploy our own IP for the specific areas where it matters most.
Our systems play a central role right from when a potential client first signs up. Meetings with our consultants are scheduled, financial data is collected and a client's goals are captured. Our advice team use our tools to model and project a client's life into the future, adjusting the advised actions to best achieve the client's goals and presenting all this back to them in a way that is understandable and digestible.
The client then uses our app to make decisions and kick off tasks for our processing team that pulls the required information together in order to complete financial product applications. All along the way, relevant parties such as consultants, product providers and the clients themselves are kept up to date with progress.
Our system has frontends written in Clojurescript using reagent/re-frame with our backend spread across firebase and in-house web services written in Clojure and hosted on Heroku. We make use of third party services such as mailgun, sentry, logentries and auth0 to add their packaged functionality.
The job you'll be doing
We're looking for someone to play a senior role in the team developing this system. You'll
- Write code with a growing dev team including Shen and Dave (two of the founders)
- Manage our various deployments and environments *Get involved in technology and design decisions
- Have responsibilities maintaining the features backlog
- Be part of training and mentoring more junior developers
What we think you'll need
- A solid software development background - 5 years experience in software development
- Be able to get going with our technology choices - good knowledge of clojure/clojurescript and web tech
- The experience to play a senior role in a team of developers as it grows - know how to manage a team of developers and their work flow
- Ready for the challenge of a startup - we're developing the business and product as we go. There is lots of room to own decisions but don't expect everything to be well defined up front